Medicis Pastel Easter Almonds

Medicis Pastel Almonds are a little luxury that I always look forward to at Easter!

When Catherine de Medicis married the future King Henry II of France in 1533, her chefs dazzled wedding guests with these sweet, crunch confections. Their French name, dragee (from Middle French dragie, meaning “coated”), refers to their manner of production: slender Lerida almonds from Spain are enclosed in a very thin sugar shell. This classic assortment in pastel colors is made at the family-owned Confiserie de Medicis, a French confectionery named for the legendary queen.

Each year these are specially prepared for Williams-Sonoma and are available online or in their stores. Easter would not be Easter at Chestnut Cottage without these delightful delicacies!

What Easter treats do you enjoy??

-Kathryn

This entry was posted in Little Luxuries and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Medicis Pastel Easter Almonds

1. Franki Parde says:

Oh, my, great minds…or great appetites..I’m eating sugar coated almonds as I read this!! Absolutely one of my favorite treats…they will be “spread all over” my Easter table. Yum! franki

2. Aren’t they just perfect! William Sonoma cries so many darling Easter things.
    Happy Thursday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

3. ihunterb says:

get over here to know Maureen Finucane and Pastel artist.

Wish I could!

5. Martha Rojas says:

These are the best almond l have never eat !!!!

They are delicious indeed!

7. Bonnie says:

I wish to order your glazed almonds. I’m a proud member of AA (Almonds Anonymous). Please direct me to a purchase point if not here. In search of the best, I thank you.

Bonnie,
    I can only get them at Williams Sonoma during the Easter season. I think about them all year long and have to wait until Easter!