Holiday Dinner Party at Chestnut Cottage!

north carolina interior deisgner kathryn greeley presents christmas party at chestnut cottage

The table is set and ready for our first 2016 holiday dinner party!

I love using the blown glass martini glasses from The Collected Tabletop for serving either a shrimp cocktail or a small salad. This menu included a little BLT salad, with fresh buttermilk tarragon dressing.

We started with cocktails and Caviar and Smoked Trout Blini Puffs. I used local Sunburst cold smoked trout and trout caviar.

Stay tuned for this delicious Fresh Cranberry Cake recipe!

It was a lovely holiday evening with friends!

xo Kathryn

This entry was posted in Entertaining, Entertaining Tales from Chestnut Cottage, Food, Inspired!, Take It From Kathryn, The Collected Tabletop, Uncategorized, What's Inspiring Kathryn? and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Holiday Dinner Party at Chestnut Cottage!

1. Kelley says:

Kathryn,

Would you also share images and descriptions of all your little garnishes? Like the sweet little Christmas tree cut-out you served with your BLT salad? I save all your dinner party images because they inspire me greatly! I served a five-course meal December 4 to 13 dinner guests and many of the element-ideas for my successful meal came from your lovely blog. (My own birthday is close to yours– it’s March 9!) and this year, my 56th, I’m asking for your book!

Now I’m on the hunt for some marvelous martini glasses in which to serve my delicious food. Thanks for sharing all your recipes, too, Kathryn!

*hugs*
    Kelley~

P.S. Does a local printer print all your place cards, menu cards, invites, etc.?

2. franki says:

That is…truly MERRY and BRIGHT!!! franki

3. Donnie Mills says:

Your table is gorgeous and the menu looks delicious. We love the Sunburst caviar. I know a lovely evening was enjoyed by all.
    We are back in Florida now and missing the cooler weather in Waynesville. The lit snowflakes, downtown Main Street, in the trees gave the feel of Christmas. Hoping the new year ahead is a happy healthy one for you and yours.

Kelley
    The little trees are just cheese patties that I roll out and cut in different shapes. I buy frozen cheese patties at The Fresh Market (I think the brand is Mimmie’s), thaw it and then roll it out. I am thrilled that the blog is inspiring and useful to you. Aren’t the martini glasses fun! They are in my book and I just love them. You will receive a book from me if you will send me your shipping address. Send it to the contact information on the Kathryn Greeley Designs website, which is http://www.kathryngreeleydesigns.com. I would be honored to gift a book to you and it can be an early birthday gift!. I do the placecards myself. I letter well, as I had to do hand lettering in design school!
    Happy Christmas!
    Kathryn

5. Cindy Weis says:

Kathryn, such a beautiful table, and of course the menu is the star of the evening. I so enjoy your beautiful blog and many times review many of them when I need to make decisions for holidays and parties, you are such an inspiration. Merry Christmas

6. Kelley says:

Dearest Kathryn,

I just shared my mailing address for you as requested. I had to stop dancing around the house first, though. I’m so very excited about your generous gift– your complimentary (dream) book, (italics) The Collected Tabletop. Somebody wake me! I’m surely dreaming! I cannot wait!

May God bless you for your kindness, Kathryn. I cannot express my gratitude enough.

*hugs*
    Kelley~

It makes me very HAPPY to send you a copy of The Collected Tabletop!

Thanks Cindy and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

9. Kelley says:

Kathryn,

A couple more questions if I may. So, you painted the wreath for your placecard as well, and then color-copied it onto card stock, then cut around the wreath tops? Or are the wreath placecards purchased?

I also love to hand letter. Are there special markers you like to use?

Thanks again!
    Kelley~

10. Cynthia says:

Dear Kathryn,
    What a kind gesture to send Kelley your book for her birthday! It even makes me happy for you both. May you be blessed with a secret birthday wish yourself. Merry Christmas to both of you.

Thank you so much Cynthia! And Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

I purchased the placecards with the wreath already on them!