GRATITUDE

I feel a closeness to the readers of The Collected Room through their lovely comments.  I recently sent a copy of The Collected Tabletop to a special blog reader, Kelley Dibble, who lives in Guam.  I love how I can connect with readers around the world and feel very grateful for this blessing.  Not long after Kelley received her book, I received a beautiful handmade card from her, which I have framed!  I am fascinated with her work…especially the “shades of blue” on the card.

blue and white, gratitude, interior design, kathryn greeley designs, western nc interior designer

Gratitude is a very important aspect of my life.  I believe that gratitude takes so little time and can change not only the receiver, but also the giver!

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

~Marcel Proust

I love this quote by Marcel Proust (perhaps because it speaks of gardeners!) and do believe that gratitude makes our souls blossom.  I was so touched by Kelley’s time and effort spent making this very personal thank you card.  I write in a prayer journal each day and at the end of each entry, I try to write several things that I can be grateful for that day.  How do you practice gratitude?

gratitude art

WITH GRATITUDE,

On the Road with Kathryn to high point north carolina furniture market

This entry was posted in Blue and White Collections, Interior Design, Take It From Kathryn, What's Inspiring Kathryn? and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to GRATITUDE

1. franki says:

Shades of blue…really pretty!! franki

2. Renee Toates says:

Thank you for encouraging gratitude. Sadly gratitude is falling by the wayside, giving way to self entitlement and more. Today I am grateful for your post, lovely pictures and for the many freedoms this country has given and continues to give me.

3. Phyllis says:

Hi Kathryn, can you tell me the name or month and year that you talked about your collection of small napoleonic bees framed in antique frames that have been repurposed. I would really like to see it again. Thanks!

Thanks Franki!

What a lovely comment Renee! Comments like yours encourage me to keep on blogging! Thanks!

It was the August 4th, 2016 post Phyllis. Enjoy!

7. Wanda Holmes says:

What a lovely, inspiring post. I have copied your quote from Proust and will keep it in my gratitude journal.

8. Kelley says:

Dear Kathryn,

Sometimes gratitude can only be communicated with tears. To see my sentiment framed and deemed special by you… believe me, the tears came.

You will never know how much your blog has influenced my being “given to hospitality.” Now I have your book, bursting with inspiration, tips and recipes. Then to hear your recent interview on a podcast, I really felt your encouragement to the listeners and me, a devoted blog reader, to surround ourselves with reasons for which we each have so much to be thankful. We certainly do not have to look far, do we?

What if we had tomorrow only that for which we thanked God today? Ouch. Thank you, Kathryn, for giving to all of us from the abundance of your heart.

With love,
    Kelley

9. Beautiful! Kelley is the loveliest person. If you would like to see some of her creations come to my blog on Wednesday as she is my guest.
    http://the bluebirdsnesting.blogspot.com.au/
    She told me about your lovely blog and that is how I found you. I will enjoy exploring here, thank you!

I will most definitely go to your blog Annabel!

That quote really spoke to me and I am happy to hear that you also liked it!

Kelley,
    Your comments are always so dear to me. I am looking forward to your guest blog on Wednesday at blue bird nesting blog!

13. Cindy Stierhoff says:

I’m late in sending “my gratitude” for this lovely post, Kathryn. I read it the first day and sent the quote out to many of my dearest friends…these words are just not said enough in the world today.