Oh dear, it is late February and my peonies are pushing their tiny red stems up out of the ground. As I said last week, I am SO worried for my plants! But with the tiny red shoots appearing, my thoughts turn to peonies! Beautiful, lush, fat, pink peonies!
Today my peony thoughts turn to a lovely bedroom I designed in Waynesville for my “Study in Pink” client. The client wanted an English chintz pattern with pink peonies. After much searching and a “come to Jesus meeting ” with Lee Jofa (they were about to discontinue the perfect fabric I found), we began work in this sunny guest bedroom.
With a palette of pinks, greens, and white, this bedroom fits perfectly into this little cottage that I call “A Study in Pink”. I even have a chapter about this cottage in my book, The Collected Tabletop, called of course a Study in Pink! The pink and green palette weaves itself through the entire cottage…
- Crisp green lattice carpet…which certainly speaks of spring!
- Crisp white (washable) bed linens with beautiful monograms. (I do love a beautiful monogram!)
- Vintage and antique pieces, in a combination of paint and stain.
- A mellow pine piece to hold a lovely collection.
- Framed botanicals that are additional “flower power”.
- Only one print other than the peony chintz, which is the small print on the chair.