CHESTNUT COTTAGE FEATURED IN THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF VICTORIA MAGAZINE

I am very please to share that Victoria magazine has featured Chestnut Cottage in their October issue!

Victoria has long been a favorite publication of mine due to their features on travel, food, entertaining, and particularly English design!

I hope you will pick up a copy of the October Victoria, curl up in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and savor all this issue has to offer…including Chestnut Cottage!

Most people seem to enter Chestnut Cottage at the back door which opens directly into our spacious kitchen… where I spend a great deal of time.

All entertaining begins here!

I have recently added more “shades of blue and white” in the kitchen with a tree mural on the painted white tongue and groove paneling.

Shades of blue continue to be woven throughout the canvas of Chestnut Cottage.

Every piece of blue and white in this niche gets used regularly!

For the library, I commissioned an Asheville Artist, Bee Sieburg, for this painting depicting Portaferry, County Down, Northern Ireland, which is very close to my grandfather’s family home.

Bee also painted a typical County Down scene for our gathering room.

My favorite room at Chestnut Cottage is the library where blue and white is in every design element!

I’m not the only one who loves this room!

Stay tuned for other rooms featured in Victoria!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to CHESTNUT COTTAGE FEATURED IN THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF VICTORIA MAGAZINE

1. Cindy Weis says:

your beautiful home always puts a smile on my face, so happy to see it featured in one of my favorite publications.

2. Dianne Estes says:

Kathryn, I saw your wonderful cottage that in Victoria,and was so excited,since We know each other!!!! It is wonderful,warm and inviting. Hope to see you again in Cashiers

3. Cindy Stierhoff says:

Oh how I love seeing your visions again in your blog…I think it was the redo of your kitchen with all the blue and white additions etc etc that sent me into wonderland….will definitely pick up Victoria magazine to see your photos better…how you capture the love of your beautiful home amazes me…and now for a little more blue and white in my kitchen..have pale aqua walls so it makes for an interesting color scheme.

4. Jill Efting says:

Lovely, where did you get the long blue rug in the Kitchen?
    Is it washable?

5. Ramona Henderson Bryson says:

Kathy and Wells have the perfect home, Chestnut Cottage! Love the blue and white and the magnificent collections. Thanks for sharing this warm and welcoming home. Ramona Henderson Bryson

6. Franki says:

How wonderful to “visit” your lovely home again!! I must get an October issue!! More rain, my dear…yet, more rain..* sigh* franki

7. Mrs. Kelley Dibble says:

Kathryn!!!!!

I’m so excited for you and your lovely Chestnut Cottage! How grandly they captured your abode. Warmly inviting indeed. Thank you so much for sharing this! I can’t wait to sip my cup o’ tea and enjoy the tour myself via the pages of Victoria!

*hugs*
    Kelley

8. John Kelly says:

I remember being there and sharing a lovely dinner in a most beautiful setting with good friends. Thanks Kathy and Wells for the great memories. XO

9. Mrs. Kelley Dibble says:

Dear Kathryn,

I thought I had left a comment and will try again. I’m so thrilled for you. This is so exciting! I revisited these images several times yesterday (here on Guam). Thanks for sharing this news. Congratulations!

*hugs*
    Kelley~

10. PATRICIA H. Flournoy says:

wonderful…I have missed your posts!

Thanks Patricia!

Kelley,
    It is wonderful to hear from you, I think of you often and hope you are doing well in Guam! We’re thrilled with the feature!
    Hugs to you also!
    Kathy

John,
    Those are lovely memories for us also!! I hope you are doing well and wish we could see each other!
    Happy Autumn,
    Kathy

Thanks Franki! Stay safe and dry!
    Kathy

Thanks Romona, hope all is well with you!
    XO Kathy

Togar Rugs in Asheville, NC And yes, I believe it is washable.
    Kathy

Thanks so much Cindy!
    Kathy

Thanks Dianne, and yes, hopefully we will see each other in Cashiers!
    Kathy

Thanks Cindy, I love Victoria also!
    Kathy

20. Sharon Byars says:

I have been absorbed in reading about your cottage. The photos in Victoria are wonderful! I have been searching for a chair like the one in the first photo by your living room fireplace. Love the deep seat. It looks so comfortable! Can you tell me the manufacturer? We live in Cary, NC, so thinking of going to High Point soon. Congrats on the magazine article! Sharon

Hi Sharon,
    Several people have inquired about that chair! It is an antique chair that I have had for several years. Wish I could be more helpful.
    Thanks,