Happy Easter From Chestnut Cottage!

north carolina interior designer kathryn greeley bacon topped deviled egg recipe

Every year when Easter arrives at Chestnut Cottage, my Easter lunch guests think that I have worked for hours on the Coconut Cake that I serve for dessert!  Little do they know that I have a little secret on this dessert.  Years ago a friend gave me this very easy and quick recipe that renders a delicious coconut cake for your Easter table!  At least my guest all tell me so!  I rarely confess that it is made from…..a cake mix!  I can hardly bear to type the word, but I believe that you will find that it is quite good.  The second part of the secret is that if I am in a rush, I do use the Cool Whip.  But otherwise, I whip real cream and add a whipping cream stabilizer to keep it stiff!  So there you have it…my little Easter secret.  Hope you will enjoy.

north carolina interior designer kathryn greeley

north carolina interior designer kathryn greeley asheville waynesville coconut cake recipe

Another favorite at Chestnut Cottage on Easter are my Deviled Eggs.  The addition of crème fraiche adds a great flavor and texture.  And I use a variety of the three garnishes to add flavor and color.

north carolina interior designer kathryn greeley

From Chestnut Cottage, we wish you and yours an Easter filled with joy, hope, and beauty!  And a very happy Spring also!

This entry was posted in Entertaining, Entertaining Tales from Chestnut Cottage, Food, Holiday Ideas, In the Kitchen and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Happy Easter From Chestnut Cottage!

1. Cindy Weis says:

Happy Easter to you and your family.

2. Franki Parde says:

DELISH!!! franki

Working away right now on both Franki!

And to you and yours also Cindy!

5. Sonya says:

Thanks so much for sharing-can’t wait to try these recipes!

6. Sonya says:

Thanks for sharing-can’t wait to try the recipes!

7. Sandra McCurry Chitty says:

Hi, Kathryn,

Love it when you share recipes. I have a Southern Living recipe called Anniversary Cake. It is a tiered four layer precious (but large) cake that also starts with a white pudding in the mix ca kemix. The cake has coconut milk in it! It also includes almond flavoring, lemon zest, etc. It is heavenly. There is certainly no disgrace to using a product such as a great cake mix to create a new masterpiece. Your coconut cake is certainly a masterpiece, a showstopper on an Easter table.

Deviled eggs are a staple in our home…and certainly a hit at all parties and Easter. In fact, I have an elaborate collection of Deviled Egg Dishes ! From a beautiful mint green Duncan Miller dish to several pressed glass varieties and colors and even a vintage Old Florida Daytona Beach one, the collection is great fun and festive. A couple of Easters ago, I had a cocktail party and used the variety of Deviled Egg dishes to serve the appetizers. It was really fun….easy little pickups. Love a theme and love a collection!

Thanks again for the continued delightful blog and certainly all the recipes. I am going to print those and slip them into my copy of The Collected Tabletop.

Best regards,
    Sandra

Thanks you so much Sandra! I do love deviled eggs and a collection of deviled egg plates would be fun!