Try this yummy Fall “Pumpkin Cheese Ball” the next time you entertain!
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- ¼ cups Sour Cream
- 1 cup Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoons Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Cayenne Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cups Toasted Pecans, Chopped Coarse (optional)
- 1 actual pumkin stem
1) Place all ingredients except pecans in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium-low speed until well combined.
2) Scrape the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Cover with the plastic wrap and shape into pumpkin shape. Use finger or spatula to put pumpkin like vertical grooves. Put the cheese ball on a plate and place in the refrigerator to harden, about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
3) Roll the cheese ball in the chopped pecans and place on a serving plate. Press actual pumpkin stem into top. Serve with crackers.
Note: this cheese is best if allowed to sit for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend. The flavors are best if it is allowed to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.