Wow, what a great Holiday Entertaining Camp we just completed at The Swag Inn! We had such fun for two full days and the most incredible service and food at The Swag. Thanks to Innkeepers Deener and Dan Matthews for hosting this first of our entertaining camps! And their staff was truly the BEST!
It was so exciting and we already are working on scheduling more camps for 2014.
Holiday tablescape designs, floral designs and fun holiday recipes filled two fun days. Plus LOTS of laughs and many lessons not just from me but also great ideas from campers.
We were so delighted to have Carol Viau, writer for The Mountaineer attend camp and we appreciate her sharing some of her “camp photos”! (the next four photos)
Thanks to all of our “campers” for making this first entertaining boot camp so much fun and such a great success.
I would like to share with my blog readers one of our holiday recipes that I demonstrated during the camp. Hope you enjoy this Pine Cone Chicken Ball!
- 2 8 ounce bars of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans of white premium chicken breast (9.75 ounces) well drained and patted dry
- 2 packages of dry Ranch dressing mix (1 ounce)
- Whole almonds for garnish.
- Combine all ingredients and form into two balls in the shape of a pine cone.
- Garnish with whole almonds (roasted/unsalted).
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- If making for a “non-holiday” event, roll into a ball and roll in chopped pecans and serve with crackers.
Stay tuned for camp dates in 2014!