One of my favorite days of the year is today, and I would like to share one of my favorite recipes…Guiness Cupcakes With Bailey’s Frosting! These are quiet delicious, so I recommend you get busy and make these for this special day.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 24-30 cupcake liners.
2. In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat on medium for one minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Divide the batter evenly amongst the cupcakes cups. Bake in a preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a colling rack until completely cooled.
5. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt and slowly add confectioners sugar. Beat until smooth and add Bailey’s and milk until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
6. Frost cupcakes with Bailey’s frosting and dress in St. Patrick’s Day cupcake wrappers.
This is my grandfather’s family home in County Downs in Northern Ireland.
As a first generation descendant of a wonderful Irishman, my grandfather Patrick Lowery Colville, I will leave you with this lovely old Irish Blessing.