Home to Chestnut Cottage!

north carolina interior designer kathryn greeley presents duncan macduff greeley

Me on April 1, 2015

My breeder, Marlene Burford, in Atlanta has informed me that I will soon be going to a nice home called Chestnut Cottage! I wonder what that will be like…hopefully there will be lots to eat, lots to get into, other dogs…my mind is running wild!!

May 11, 2015

Today I had to leave my sweet mommie, Charm. But this couple that came for me seem to like me a LOT!

So off we go from Atlanta to Waynesville, NC. But my new family told me we HAD to stop by my new mommie’s friend Ruthie, who lives here in Atlanta, because she “HAD to see me”! Oh well, I am sure there is plenty of trouble to get into on Habersham Road!

Sure enough, I am already in trouble, … the first thing I did in this Ruthie’s kitchen was pee in her floor. But my mommie seemed to understand and gave me my first new toy, Lamb Chop!

I was SO good on the trip home and mainly slept in my Mommie or Daddy’s lap.

Hum…this Chestnut Cottage place is not so bad…

And eating in these nice Waterford bowls that belonged to Bentley Greeley is also  not so bad! All I heard on the way home was… “ we want you to be a really good boy like our Bentley…he was such a little gentleman, etc., etc.”   He must have lived a great life…they said he lived to be 18!

May 12, 2015

My Mommie is staying home to “train me”…we will see who trains who…

But this garden at Chestnut cottage is really spectacular…

May 13, 2013

Today SHE took me for my first trip to the groomer. Wow, SHE is picky about how I look and doesn’t tolerate me getting in the dirt!

Nice ride to the groomer, I think I am going to like this Audi.

Mommie complains constantly that I won’t stay still…I’m just not too keen on being still for these “photo ops” as she call them.

“SO MUCH TO GET INTO, SO LITTLE TIME!”

This new mommie is real serious about this crate training… maybe if I am really naughty, she will give up?! Not sure, she seems to not tolerate much foolishness…but we shall see. I heard her say that she is the Alpha Dog…again, we will see about that!

It feels like I am in jail in this thing!

Mommie is not only training me today, but making all of the window boxes at Chestnut Cottage. I think I might like eating these cute petunias!

Tonight I made my Mommie cry because I nipped the back of her leg and it was bleeding. I heard her tell someone on the phone that this might not work out…that she had never trained a puppy and it was MUCH harder that she had imagined. Hope you readers here at The Collected Tabletop will say a little prayer for me that I won’t be as naughty as I have been today and she will keep me. I’ve also heard of someone called Aunt Nette Nette that is really good at talking my Mommie “off the ledge” , so hopefully she will intervene on my behalf!!

I will be back with you soon…assuming I get to stay!

This entry was posted in Inspired!, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Home to Chestnut Cottage!

1. Luke says:

What a playful little guy full of energy! Small dogs love to nip at ankles. Here’s some good advice on how to stop it;

2. franki says:

You just melted my heart…well…maybe except for the “nip!!!” Training Strong!! franki

3. Awww…what a sweetie pie! I especially love the photo of him on the wing chair by the window…looks like a painting! (I’m a pet portrait artist.) I do hope you’re able to keep this little darling. Just imagine how traumatic it must be with so much stimulation of new things, smells, experiences…it’s probably overwhelming for a little pup new to the world…and deciphering the difference between a squishy toy and a human leg may just not be so easy yet! LOL One of my kitties is a nipper but I love her too much to ever let her go!

You are so sweet and encouraging. I am sure he is here to stay! As a friend of mine said…”you just can’t have the inmates running the asylum”!

Thanks Franki!

I love this article Luke…thanks so much!

7. cindy weis says:

Hi Duncan, you are too cute, and I think you have a lot of energy. I know your mommie will keep you, I can tell how much she loves you already in the pictures, now for that nipping thing we have to stop that real soon, you be a good boy, and have your mommie send us pictures of you again.

8. Janie Horn says:

He’s precious! My brother had aWestie named Finnegan. He ruined everyone’s stockings back in the day. Now they have Louis, the Sun King, who is the sweetest Westie in the world. Finnie was wonderful and a character, but so lovable. Louis is himself. He sleeps with me whenever I visit. He knows how much I miss my dog and my husband when I’m away from them. Westies are wonderful. Puppies are a 24 hour job, but worth it. Have faith in your choice. He will be your best friend.

Thank you Cindy…I am trying to be really sweet and stop my nipping habit , so SHE will keep me!

Thanks so much Janie! They are wonderful dogs, I have just NEVER had a puppy! My other Westie, “Bentley” was eight months old when we got him and was such a quiet dog. But then I never knew him as a puppy! Westies have such large personalities, so I will just be patient and I am sure he will turn into a little gentleman!

11. juju says:

Omg! It’s a good thing he’s cute! He’s adorable and I’m sure with your great alpha dog skills you’ll have him settled in no time! I’m so glad you’ve got him home now. Enjoy, my sweet Ms. Greeley!

Yes Juju, I keep telling him that I AM THE ALPHA DOG! He probably chuckles to himself…yea, right!

13. Patricia Flournoy says:

I am so very pleased that Duncan has arrived. I tried “training” my Jack Russells but finally found a Trainer… and very soon they were “responsible” members of our family…

WELCOME DUNCAN….Patty Flournoy

Thanks Patty!

15. Lisa says:

Just got caught up on your blog. I know what you are going through. Hang in there! Doggie daycare once or twice a week will give you a much needed break and give baby girl some socialization skills. Trust me. I was ready to call the rescue team last year to give them back my puppy (1 yr old )several times. It has been a year and it much better. Doggie daycare taught her not to freak out at other dogs while on walks and training lessons. Good luck! I know it’s hard.

16. Lisa says:

Sorry baby boy not girl!

Thanks for your encouragement Lisa! I have already signed him up for doggie day camp this coming Tuesday morning. We shall see how that works! He seems to love other dogs, so perhaps that will get some of this ENERGY out of him!!